Forum in English language

Moderator: ModTeam

ODPOWIEDZ
Tan
Beginner
Beginner

Honmaru server offline again.

Post autor: Tan »

Sadly as I don't understand the rest of this forum and I don't know why the honmaru server is offline, I thought I'd ask here.
Why is the server down? Is it like a regular server maintenance or did it crash and nobody with access to the server has gotten a chance to restart it? I really like this "project" and I have patience.. I'm just curious.

Also when the server is down it's practically impossible for me to play cuz then everybody plays at the headoff kaillera server and the ping there is too high.

My pings on a few kaillera servers:
Reps EmuLinker Server ~ 32-42 ~
alz.ath.cx ~ 48-54 ~
Honmaru server ~ 76 ~ Not the best ping but always the same. :padam:
Headoff Kaillera ~ 90-250 ~ First round is okay fps 60.. ...after the second match fps is ~20 :dontgetit:
Awatar użytkownika
SubZero
Ogrywam: Killer Instinct, WWF Wrestlemania, SuperSidekicks
Kontakt:

Re: Honmaru server offline again.

Post autor: SubZero »

Honmaru server is down (and probably will stay that way) because it never was a dedicated server, just my friend (admin of local network, well not anymore)'s server that i used to start kaillera server. At the moment server is down, and i don't know fully why, but probably my friend had to shut it down. I'll not go into detail here, as it's not really public matter, so I'm afraid you'll just have to live with it.
Tan
Beginner
Beginner

That's sad to hear... Just out of curiosity, can you tell me(or anyone else) what kind of connection and pc does that kind of server require? Like how much download and upload bandwidth does a kaillera server take with max 20 people online, all using the "good connection" option, all playing Tk3?
I have some experience with servers, I'm hosting a small lineage2 server myself. But I think a kaillera server needs a lot more bandwidth than a lineage2 server.
Awatar użytkownika
SubZero
Ogrywam: Killer Instinct, WWF Wrestlemania, SuperSidekicks
Kontakt:

Post autor: SubZero »

It's really hard to tell, because I never had much possibility to check real bandwidth usage. From observation i could guess that it's about 5-6kb/s per player (so with 20 players you'll need 100kb/s connection). PC spec is not so high, as kaillera server doesn't have very high requirements, i think pentium 500MHz with 256MB ram should do fine, of course if kaillera is the only thing running on the server.
Tan
Beginner
Beginner

I already have two connections, both 1Mbit up and down. (1Mbit=128KByte)
Getting another pc shouldn't be a problem.. Getting a third connection might be tho, I dunno if my ISP would agree with it... but at the moment I don't have a job so I'll think about it after I get a job.

Thnx for the information SubZero!
ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „International arena”