Moderator: ModTeam

ODPOWIEDZ
bimsbrom
Beginner
Beginner

How to earn respect in online Tekken

Post autor: bimsbrom »

Hello everyone,
so you've decided to pick up online fighting with Tekken 3, one of the best fighting games ever.
Congratulations for that.
The road to the top is pretty steep and stony though, for there are many obstacles to overcome and I hope this little guide will help you avoiding some common traps.

First thing you need to do is practice, practice, practice. At least until you know all basic movements of one char as well as at least one hard hitting juggle and one or two tenstrings.
One pretty easy to master char in that respect is Nina Williams, for she has lots of juggle starters and an easy to pull off juggle. One example may be:
d/b+3+4, u/f+3, d+4,1, ff+3
With this timed correctly, you cause massive damage with basically hitting once and this can be pulled off when your opponent launches any high hitting move. Easy, eh?
Do this, mix it up with some other moves and youll score some wins.
More important than your fighting style is your behaviour though, a true master of tekken needs to behave accordingly or he will never be respected.

A few guidelines are given here:
1. Greeting your opponent is by no means neccesary, if you think he is either way better or worse dont do it, for he does not deserve kindness.
2. Character selection:
This is pretty difficult to judge and a bit of a gamble, here are just a few examples:
- ALWAYS let your opponent pick his char first and then choose matchup that are favourable for you. Do this especially when your opponent is slightly better or worse than you are. If he refuses to pick his char call him "noob" and leave.
Another option is this:
- ALWAYS use your strongest char, especially if your opponent cant beat you with him. Win the match 5-0, state "noob" and leave.
- If you think your opponent is stronger than you are, always pick Mokujin, Kuma or Gunjack, if you lose you can blame it on the chars. After you lost state something like: "lol, almost beat you with Mokujin noob!" and leave.
- If your opponent does accidentaly beat your strongest char do not finish fight one, state "OMG" (may be enhanced by "you lag!") and leave.

If you choose to finish the match you should say something to your opponent according to the result of the match:
If you won, state either "man you suck" or "you are a weak noob" and leave.
If you lost you should read the chapter on char selection (shouldnt happen) or if you lost a close match state: "lucky nob" (you pretend your english is horrible there, which could puzzle your opponent, (twilighting) see for details. This poker strategy can be transferred to pretty much every competition.)

Or just say nothing and leave.

This should conclude chapter one, maybe there is more to come.

Many thanks to the people inspiring me to write this, just to name a few:
lyes, Howl, ultra without you guys this would not have been possible.

Until then...
Awatar użytkownika
Yamada
Ogrywam: VF5: Final Showdown
Kontakt:

Re: How to earn respect in online Tekken

Post autor: Yamada »

Tear from TotA would say:

"I can't believe I'm witnessing this level of idiocy"

This way you earn shit and make people laught at you, not respect.

Oh and your pal, Howl and his brother both got his their asses kicked by my Mokujin, so they are, judging from your philosophy, ultimate noobs. Well, it suits them with their monkey manners, behavior, and play style.
Obrazek
Awatar użytkownika
Lukas
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post autor: Lukas »

bimsbrom - did you place this post here for fun, to show how illogical they are? :lyes, Howl, ultra
Because i think, you are normal XD
Always you talk to me "hi, have fun" before fight, and "thx" after.
Awatar użytkownika
Hakuzaijo
Master
Master

Post autor: Hakuzaijo »

bimsbrom pisze:
This should conclude chapter one, maybe there is more to come.
:zdziwko: I have this bizzare, weird feeling that he may be not kidding and there will be ,,chapter 2". Well, at least we're gonna have more fun than now :)

Bim, as we can see, you are conversant with ,,earning respect" as hell :peace: <irony mode on>
Nowa, kuźwa, mania :/ Widzicie poniżej :3
-------------------------------------------------------
nihonsun.net - wbijać tu panowie; wbijać;)
bimsbrom
Beginner
Beginner

Post autor: bimsbrom »

Yamada, you got it almost right. Just think one step further ;)

Maybe i should remove the part about gameplay, this could actually work.
Awatar użytkownika
Yamada
Ogrywam: VF5: Final Showdown
Kontakt:

Post autor: Yamada »

Ahahaha i get it now lol;].

This is good one bimsbrom, you almost had me :D .

I knew something is not right since when we played, our sparrs always had friendly atmosphere, and it was hard to believe that you could change that behavior by 180 degrees :D.

Too bad that Howl (btw. he did good choice with nick - only way he can do is 'howling' after someone destroyed him), and rest of his crew wont read this (even if they did i doubt they would understand the basic idea of this topic;]).

Good one, dont delete this topic Sub xD
Obrazek
Awatar użytkownika
Lukas
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post autor: Lukas »

bimsbrom pisze:Maybe i should remove the part about gameplay, this could actually work.
But you are right, i must agree - most of "the chosen ones" have got cheap gameplay.
Ofcourse gameplay isn't funny, all rest around gameplay is funny in examples:
lyes, Howl, ultra
I think people shouldn't attack others for gameplay, but your observation is right, and funny.
Don't delete this xD
Awatar użytkownika
Hakuzaijo
Master
Master

Post autor: Hakuzaijo »

Yamada pisze:Ahahaha i get it now lol;].

Good one, dont delete this topic Sub xD
The funniest thing is that the only person we should blame by now is sub, who misunderstood bims all idea :) Sub, plead yourself by making fuss and drawing false conclusions, he, he...
BTW Bim, Gom 4 taking a pot at you. Good text.
Nowa, kuźwa, mania :/ Widzicie poniżej :3
-------------------------------------------------------
nihonsun.net - wbijać tu panowie; wbijać;)
Saj
Elite player
Elite player

Post autor: Saj »

OMG WTF? Bimsbrom what the hell are u talking about? How to earn respect? U are not suitable person to tell others about that. I remember when we played u left game many times and say " condition 2 brake :D", i asked " wtf is codition 2?, oss?" and then u answered 'spaming" :D!! And u done that every time u lose! Man, thats sick! Who gave u right to judge others gameplay?! If someone play cheap its his problem, everyone plays as they like (even u Sahiel blee;) ) . All we can do is to try play our ovn game, play diversitly and efectivly. And most of all have FUN !! How to earn respect ? Help old people, by kind to others, helpfull to family. Tekken is not for that. Its for Fun, all u can do to make sure u and ur oponent bouth have fun and good time.
Awatar użytkownika
mg1987
Support
Ogrywam: Jestem otwarty na propozycje

Post autor: mg1987 »

1. Saj, have you ever heard about words "irony" or "sarcasm"?
2. You should read entire topic before commenting. :looka:
3. Archeologist?
ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „International arena”